You can have Eggplant Sandwiches using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Sandwiches
- Prepare 1 large of eggplant.
- It’s 2 of Fresh tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Fresh basil, or fresh ground basil you buy in a tube in the refrigerated section of the produce section.
- You need 1/4 cup of mayonnaise I prefer homemade..
- Prepare 1 of Fresh sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 3 of Egg.
- You need 2 of Garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil/coconut oil, i use one of these choices..
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
Eggplant Sandwiches instructions
- Beat eggs in a bowl large enough for you can dip the sliced eggplants in. Add salt..
- Cut eggplant into thin circles about 1/8th inch thick. Soak slices in egg bath..
- Pour 1/4th cup oil into frying pan reserve rest should you need more as you go along..
- Once oil is heated, fry eggplant until golden brown on both sides. About 2mins..
- Crush both garlic cloves, mix in with mayo..
- Spread mixture onto eggplant like you're making a sandwich..
- Cut tomatoes into thin slices place on top of eggplant. Add fresh basil leaf, or basil spread. Cut mozzarella into thin slices, and place over basil..
- You may top with another slice of eggplant, and secure it with a toothpick, or serve as is, open faced..