Grilled Turkey (Gas Grill).
You can cook Grilled Turkey (Gas Grill) using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Turkey (Gas Grill)
- It’s 12-18 lbs of Turkey, completely thawed.
- Prepare 6 of Clémentines.
- Prepare 32 of +/-Whole Cloves.
- It’s 6-8 of Whole Garlic Cloves.
- You need 1-2 Bunches of Fresh Sage.
- You need 1-2 Tbl of Ground Clove.
- You need 1-2 Tbl of Ground Sage.
- You need 1 Tbl of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbl of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 Tbl of Coarse Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of – liter of 100% Orange Juice.
- Prepare 1/2 of – liter of Water.
- It’s of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Cooking String.
- It’s 1 of V-type Roasting Rack.
- You need 1 of Aluminium Roasting Pan.
- It’s of Instant Read Thermometer.
Grilled Turkey (Gas Grill) step by step
- Rinse and prepare turkey, pat dry inside and out, then season cavity with salt and pepper (I will place gizzards, heart, liver, and neck into sauce pan seasoned with salt and pepper covered in water to boil to use later for gravy) OH, and be sure that your bird will fit under the grill cover when closed!!!.
- Rinse and pat dry fresh sage, tie into a bouquet with cooking string, place inside of Turkey.
- Rinse 2-3 clementines, pat dry, then poke exterior of fruit with cloves. Place these inside of Turkey.
- Peel whole garlic cloves, then place inside of Turkey.
- Tie off legs and tail nice and tight to keep ingredients from falling out and set aside.
- Peel 2-3 clementines and grind the peelings fine in food processor. Place into mixing bowl along with ground sage, ground cloves, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Mix and stir in Extra Virgin Olive Oil to create a paste..
- Rub seasoning paste all over the exterior of the Turkey, every nook and cranny covered. Tie off wings. Place on “V-rack”, breast side down inside of aluminum drip-pan to catch drippings, set aside…BUT if you have a rotisserie, that much better!!!.
- Prepare gas grill. Turn on outside burners only, you want to use indirect heat. Heat to 350f for about 10-15min before grilling. Be sure you have a full propane tank, nothing worse than running out of propane half way through, yep been there….
- Place Turkey on grates, pour orange juice and water into drip-pan. Close grill cover.
- Grill turkey for about 12min per pound of Turkey. Carefully flip your Turkey half way through the cooking time. The completed temperature should read 165f. Try not to open cover until half the cooking time has lapsed when you will need to flip bird..
- Bring your turkey inside, tent a loose piece of aluminum foil on top of turkey and let rest for 20min before carving…..