You can cook Turkey Chalupa using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey Chalupa
- Prepare of chalupa.
- Prepare 1 lb of 99 % lean ground turkey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of small diced red onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of small diced red bell pepper. Seeded and veins removed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 can of mild green chilis, 4 ounce size.
- It’s 1/2 cup of salsa verde.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro.
Turkey Chalupa step by step
- In large skillet on medium heat, place oil and get it hot.Cook turkey meat, breaking apart as you cook it but like it get a golden color. You can achieve this by stirring occasionally. Be careful though not to burn..
- Add in all other ingredients and set to low simmering for 30 minutes..
- Serve with optional shredded lettuce and diced tomato on top. I also like to scoop it with baked tortilla chips and eat like an appetizer. Sour cream,cheese or even guacamole would be fantastic on top too but adds to calorie count!.
- Recipe by taylor68too..