Eggplant chicken casserole. You can also substitute the chicken with another meat or TVP. Spray it with vegetable cooking spray and immediately add eggplant and onion. Wash eggplant, cut off the tails and dry.
Hearty eggplant casserole can serve as a meatless entree. The combination of eggplant, tomato sauce, and cheese is Recipes to try in September: Keto Chicken Nuggets. Atkins welcomes you to try our delicious Maehing's Chicken Eggplant Casserole recipe for a low carb lifestyle. You can cook Eggplant chicken casserole using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant chicken casserole
- Prepare of eggplant.
- It’s 2 medium of eggplant, aubergine.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 28 oz of diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 large of stalks of celery.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sage.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sweet basil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of whole leaf oregano.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of sweetner.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s of chicken.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of paprika.
- It’s 3 lb of chicken breasts, boneless, skinless.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need of topping.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded colby and monterrey jack cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sliced black ripened olives.
Get started by browsing our full list of ingredients here. This savory casserole surrounds cubed eggplant with a garlicky, creamy chicken mixture. When asked, most haters complain that eggplant tastes bitter. Poor eggplant gets a bad rap for this.
Eggplant chicken casserole instructions
- Dice the eggplant and chicken. Chop the celery.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan add paprika and cumin. Stir well add the chicken. Get all the chicken coated and cover simmering and stirring occasionally..
- Preheat oven 425° Fahrenheit..
- Heat oil and butter. Add turmeric, garlic, pepper, sage,basil and oregano. Add onions and celery. Add salt. When the turn a bit soft add eggplant and tomatoes. Simmer till eggplant is soft. Add sweetener..
- Mix the chicken and eggplant mixture together add parmesan cheese..
- Put into an oven safe dish add shredded and grated cheeses. Add olives on top bake 30 minutes..
- Let sit 10 minutes serve hope you enjoy!.
This eggplant casserole is a fast and easy meal that's bursting with flavor. The eggplant is cubed and cooked with a tasty combination of cheese, eggs, bread crumbs, garlic, and chopped vegetables. Unlike most casseroles, this recipe only uses only a small amount of breadcrumbs to stay in the Zone and it still tastes incredible. The casserole combines three of my favorite Italian dishes. These popular dishes are pizza, eggplant parmesan, and chicken parmesan.