Casserole of eggplants stuffed with ground meat – sheikh el mehshi. .eggplant, but today is Sheikh El- Mahshi which is one of my favorite eggplant dishes; made of mini fried eggplants and stuffed with spiced beef or lamb and cooked in a light tomato Add meat and all the spices (paprika, all spice, salt, black pepper and ground. Sheikh Mehshi is a traditional Iraqi dish using aubergines and courgettes which are stuffed with mince and parsley and served with rice. Stuff the eggplants with the meat mixture.
Casserole of eggplants stuffed with ground meat – sheikh el mehshi. For moussaka, eggplant is cooked then layered with ground beef, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, eggs, and other seasonings. Moussaka – Eggplant With Ground Beef (or Lamb) and Cheese. You can have Casserole of eggplants stuffed with ground meat – sheikh el mehshi using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Casserole of eggplants stuffed with ground meat – sheikh el mehshi
- Prepare 1 kg of small eggplants.
- Prepare 400 g of coarsely ground beef.
- You need 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes, peeled and sliced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, dissolved in 3 cups water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pine nuts.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of vegetable oil, for frying eggplants.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, for frying onions, pine nuts and meat.
Spread the meat sauce mixture over the eggplant. Top meat mixture with remaining eggplant.. Casserole Ground Beef Recipes on Yummly Crock Pot Ground Beef Eggplant Casserole, Easy Ground Beef Enchiladas, Ground Beef And Potato Gratin.
Casserole of eggplants stuffed with ground meat – sheikh el mehshi instructions
- In a deep skillet, heat the vegetable oil and fry the eggplants on high heat until tender and brown. Remove from oil and place on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- In another skillet fry the chopped onion until golden and tender, add the pine nuts, toss for a few seconds then add the ground meat with the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper and stir until meat is brown. Set aside..
- In a baking tray, place the fried eggplants and make a slit, lengthwise, in the middle of each one. Fill each eggplant with enough ground meat..
- Layer the tomato slices over them and pour the dissolved tomato paste. Make sure the eggplants are covered with water. Sprinkle with salt..
- Bake in the oven on medium heat for around 30 min. Do not allow all liquid to evaporate..
- Serve with vermicelli rice on the side..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'vermicelli rice' under my profile..
Eggplant halves are stuffed with ground beef, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. This stuffed eggplant is a tasty alternative to heavier fried eggplant slices. It's similar in flavor to eggplant Parmesan, but with ground beef in the filling. Sheikh el-mahshi was known as a "king's dish" since it skips the rice altogether and is stuffed with the more luxurious stuffing of meat and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper, coat with flour and brown in olive oil.