You can cook Tom's Turkey using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tom's Turkey
- You need 1 of Turkey.
- It’s 1 stick of Butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of Orange.
- Prepare 1 of thyme.
- You need 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
Tom's Turkey step by step
- Pull out the giblets and put them in a pan with some water (You will want the pan to have walls). Add salt, pepper, thyme, and garlic. Cover the pan and simmer for an hour..
- Cut up an onion and an orange into slices. Liberally salt the inside of the turkey and stuff the slices inside..
- Melt a stuck of butter in a bowl, and then add a spoonful of garlic and the olive oil to the mix. Use this to baste the turkey..
- Salt the Turkey and place it in the oven until it reaches 160°F (15 min a pound). While the turkey is cooking let the giblets cool, and then remove all bones and cut up giblets sitting in pan..
- Take out the turkey and let it sit on a tray for 10 minutes. Pour the left over turkey juices into the giblet pan..
- Shake a cup of flower and half a cup of water in a jar, and then add it to the giblets and let the mixture simmer a little longer while stirring. You now have gravy and an excellent meal!.