Creamed turkey. Creamed Turkey (or creamed chicken) is a simple weeknight dinner that can be made with leftover turkey or chicken. It's pure comfort food and completely delicious. So, true story: up until about a.
If you have a decent amount of leftover Thanksgiving turkey. This creamed turkey recipe is one of the best leftover turkey recipes you will taste. One of those easy dinner recipes, it is also great for entertaining. You can cook Creamed turkey using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamed turkey
- It’s 1/3 cup of real butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt OR celery salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 3 cup of Turkey meat OR chicken breast meat.
Creamed Turkey on Toast – An updated version of an old family recipe! We're sharing this delicious recipe for Creamed Turkey on Toast as part of a sponsored post for McCormick Gourmet. Narrow search to just "creamed turkey" in the title sorted by quality sort by rating or Advanced search. The perfect solution for your leftover turkey!
Creamed turkey step by step
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour.
- Add broth.
- Add cream.
- Garlic powder.
- Add salt.
- Add pepper.
- Whisk together.
- Cook over medium low heat until thickened.
- Stir in chicken.
- Serve over potatoes or biscuits.
Reviews for: Photos of Creamed Turkey in Toast Cups. Serve this creamed turkey over toast or puff pastry shells. This tasty creamed turkey is extremely versatile comfort food. It can be served over a large variety of items, including toast, puff pastry shells. Creaming – or dicing a leftover meat to serve in a white sauce – is a longtime favorite for the cook and the diner.