Brad's eggplant au gratin. This EGGPLANT GRATIN or Aubergine Gratin makes a crowd-pleasing side dish! Tender eggplant is smothered with a fingerlickin tomato cream sauce, topped with Gruyere I first made Eggplant Au Gratin for my husband's birthday and everyone absolutely loved it. As a matter of fact, what not love? #Eggplant #AuGratin #EggplantAuGratin #Vegetable A delicious eggplant recipe, not a real Au Gratin recipe but something healthier no cheese and flour in.
Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. I used to think I disliked eggplant. until now!! You can cook Brad's eggplant au gratin using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's eggplant au gratin
- You need 1 of lg eggplant.
- You need 8-12 slices of swiss cheese.
- Prepare of Garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- You need 2 cups of half and half.
- Prepare 2 tbs of flour.
- Prepare of Bread crumbs.
I will definitely be making this again soon. On each eggplant slice, lay a zucchini slice, a pepper strip and a basil leaf. Recipe for eggplant gratin with homemade tomato sauce. Julia also included another tomato puree recipe from canned tomatoes, but I wanted to use the fresh tomatoes from our garden.
Brad's eggplant au gratin step by step
- Slice eggplant very thin..
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Lay eggplant in pan in layers. Between each layer, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Also lay down 4 slices of cheese..
- Continue until all eggplant is used..
- Mix flour with cold half and half. Pour over the top of casserole. Shake a little to work out air bubbles between layers..
- Top lightly with bread crumbs..
- Bake at 375 around 20-25 minutes. Remove when top gets nice and browned..
- Let rest a couple minutes. Serve and enjoy..
Eggplant Au Gratin with Feta Cheese. Photo about Roasted eggplant gratin with tomatoes layers, cheese and dill. Download preview. vegetable au gratin is a traditional continental delicacy served with warm and crisp breads. vegetable au gratin is one dish that comes to mind when thinking of any quick and easy continental dish to prepare! The secret to making perfect vegetable au gratin is to bake it till you get a nice brown crust. The Eggplant Gratin recipe out of our category fruit-vegetable!