Eggplant Casserole IV.
You can have Eggplant Casserole IV using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Casserole IV
- Prepare of Soaking.
- You need 1 of large eggplant aubergine.
- Prepare As needed of salt.
- You need As needed of water to rinse eggplant.
- It’s of Meat sauce.
- You need 2 pound of ground sirloin/beef.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of roasted sweet peppers.
- It’s 16 ounces of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s To taste of ground black peppe.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of marjoram.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of savory.
- It’s 16 ounces of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of rib/stalk celery sliced thinly.
- Prepare of Layers.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded gouda cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped black ripened olives.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded Monterey jack and cheddar cheese.
Eggplant Casserole IV step by step
- Peel and slice the eggplant into thin slices. Salt each slice on both sides. Let sit for 30 minutes then rinse..
- Wash all the vegetables. Preheat oven to 400°Fahrenheit chop the celery, leaves and all. Slice the peppers and onions..
- Heat pot and brown the beef with the onions, peppers, tomatoes, celery, add spices and simmer 10 minutes..
- Add tomato sauce and tomato paste, adjust the salt and pepper if more is needed..
- Heat a skillet and lightly brown the eggplant..
- In a 10 inch oven safe pan add a thin layer of meat sauce. Cover with part of the eggplant slices. Then add the colby Monterey jack cheese..
- Chop and slice the olives. Add olives over most of the top..
- More meat sauce. Eggplant. Then aged Italian blend.
- Meat sauce and shredded gouda cheese. Put into the oven for 35-40 minutes..
- Let rest 15 minutes serve I hope you enjoy!.