Eggplant Parmesan. Eggplant slices are dipped in egg and bread crumbs and then baked, instead of fried. The slices are layered with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Classic for a reason, Italian baked Eggplant Parmesan is comfort food at its best.
There is something about the dish that feels like it's giving you a giant hug. Growing up, I was not a huge fan of eggplant. This baked eggplant parmesan recipe will become one of your family favorites! You can have Eggplant Parmesan using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Parmesan
- Prepare 1 each of eggplant.
- You need 1 each of marinara sauce.
- You need 1/2 packages of angel hair pasta.
- You need 1 each of fresh tomato.
- It’s 1 cup of italian bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 dash of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 dash of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese-grated.
Growing up, my mom's eggplant Parmesan recipe was one of my favorite things to eat. This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up a bit with baked (instead of fried) panko-crusted roasted eggplant, and layered up with a zesty combination of marinara, cheeses and fresh herbs. Their eggplant Parmesan inspired the eggplant lasagna in my cookbook, which includes long strips of roasted eggplant layered between the noodles and marinara. Have you had the chance to try that one?
Eggplant Parmesan step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel and slice eggplant about 1/2 inch thick. I cut mine lengthwise.
- Whisk egg in a bowl. In desperate bowl add breadcrumbs, cayenne and garlic powder..
- Dip eggplant in egg then breadcrumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 25 minutes. Flipping halfway through.
- Heat marinara sauce on low with freshly diced tomatoes just until warm.
- Boil water for pasta. Once cooked, drain..
- Once eggplant is done put it in the bottom of a small oven safe dish, top with marinara, sliced butter and mozzarella. Bake for 5 minutes on 350°F then turn oven to broil, broil for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling..
- Place cooked pasta on a plate and top with eggplant marinara mixture. Add grated parmesan on top. Enjoy!.
FULL RECIPE BELOW Great for a vegetarian option for a dinner party, family gathering or weeknight dinner, Eggplant Parmesan has all the right ingredients to. This easy eggplant parmesan recipe is not only delicious, but also healthy. Make baked eggplant parmesan instead of lasagna to skip the unnecessary carbs and still enjoy all the cheesy goodness. One bite of Eggplant Parmesan and you'll be sold. To make legit eggplant parm, you'll need to fry eggplant.