Crispy Mozerella Stuffed Chipotle Eggplant Fritters. Place on layers of paper towels. These delicious little fritters combine eggplant (aubergine if you're reading in the UK), herbs, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, and contain a luscious surprise in the middle – melted, smoked mozzarella. You need to get the moisture out of the eggplants first by slicing and salting, leaving.
These easy to make Crispy Eggplant Fries are insanely delicious. They are coated in panko and parmesan and oven baked till crisp. These eggplant fritters may be deep fried or pan fried in a skillet. You can have Crispy Mozerella Stuffed Chipotle Eggplant Fritters using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy Mozerella Stuffed Chipotle Eggplant Fritters
- It’s 1 of eggplant.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of ground chipotle chile powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of fresh mozerella, cut into 1/2" chunks.
The fritters are made with an egg and a small amount of flour. For sweet fritters, omit the pepper and add a few tablespoons of sugar to the mixture; serve with powdered sugar. The recipe is easily doubled or tripled. Crispy, hot foods are just minutes away—but only if you avoid these air fryer mistakes.
Crispy Mozerella Stuffed Chipotle Eggplant Fritters instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°..
- Slice eggplant into 1/2" slices. Transfer to a paper towel. Sprinkle eggplant slices with 1 tsp. salt. Let the eggplant rest for 30 minutes. This will draw out some of the water of the eggplant before you cook it..
- After 30 minutes, blot the eggplant slices with more paper towels to remove water. Transfer to a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Brush each slice with olive oil. Bake for 1 hour..
- Once eggplant is baked, cool and roughly chop and put into a medium sized bowl. Add 1/2 cup panko crumbs, 1 egg, thyme, chipotle powder, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly until combined..
- Take 2-3 tbsp of eggplant mixture and roll into a ball. Take a small chunk of mozerella and press it into each ball. Work the mixture around the mozerella until it is completely covered and hidden..
- Preheat olive/vegetable oil in a medium sized pan over medium high heat..
- Whisk 2 eggs and flour together in a small bowl. Set aside..
- Put panko in a medium sized bowl. Set aside..
- Roll eggplant balls in egg/flour mixture then in the panko to coat..
- Fry the eggplant fritters turning every couple of minutes u til all sides are a light golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate..
- Serve warm with your favorite marinara sauce. Enjoy!.
Stuffed eggplant is a classic Middle Eastern dish and you can find riffs on it all through the region and into the Mediterranean—from ground beef stuffed eggplant to lamb stuffed eggplant to vegetarian versions stuffed with grains like couscous, there's seemingly an endless array of stuffed eggplant. How to Cook Crispy Eggplant Fritters. Dry them over a paper towel and add a pinch of salt on top. Break the eggs in a large bowl, and add the flour, olive oil, water, and paprika powder. Mix everything into a smooth mixture.