Cowpea beans , potato and brinjal Puli kulambu / tamarind based gravy. Similar Recipes, Puli Kulambu Podi Chettinad kulambu masala powder Chettinad Saiva Meen Kulambu Puli Kuzhambu Maa Vatral Kuzhambu Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, urad dal, fenugreek and curry leaves. Easy and quick recipe of making this delicious brinjal puli kulambu for rice and etc… Music used in this video: Music : Sweet Hello Friends, Traditional Puli kuzhambu -South Indian recipe.
This recipe is very classic This recipe is very classic home-based one, extremely easy and quick to make. Vegetables are cooked in tamarind pulp and spices that give you the most aromatic. Vendakkai puli kuzhambu – South indian style Tamilnadu recipe for Vendakkai/okra curry simmered in a rich tangy tamarind gravy. You can have Cowpea beans , potato and brinjal Puli kulambu / tamarind based gravy using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cowpea beans , potato and brinjal Puli kulambu / tamarind based gravy
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 5 grams of vadagam.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves peeled.
- It’s 10 of curry leaves.
- It’s 1 of potato chopped.
- Prepare 100 grams of cowpea beans / yard long beans chopped.
- Prepare 2 of brinjal/ egg plant.
- It’s 1 of tomato chopped.
- It’s 2 pinch of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rock salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut grated / cut.
- You need 20 grams of roasted gram.
- You need 1 of green chilli slit.
- You need 10 grams of tamarind soaked with rock salt.
This Vendakkai puli kuzhambu curry is for the love of tamarind. Every Tamilian house would have a version of this curry. Kathirikai Puli kulambu is one of the common dish which I make often. Try out my rare combination, its great with Lemon Rice.
Cowpea beans , potato and brinjal Puli kulambu / tamarind based gravy instructions
- Heat oil in a pan , add onion , vadagam , curry leaves , garlic and stir till onion turns pink.
- Add the chopped veggies – potato , yard long beans / cowpea beans and brinjal and stir a few times. Once the veggies are coated with oil add the turmeric , salt , chilli powder , coriander powder and stir till the masala is fried..
- Add the tomatoes and stir till it becomes soft now add the tamarind water , cover and allow to boil till the veggies are cooked.
- Grind the coconut and fried gram to a fine paste and add to the boiling gravy along with a slit chilli . Let it boil for a few seconds . Once done serve along with rice.
If you liked this Kathrikkai Puli Kulambu (Brinjal gravy), please like, tweet Please don't judge based on news articles, movie reviews etc. Tamarind Based Curries (Pulikulambu, Theeyal, Pulusu) – A collection of spicy and tangy South Indian style gravies that are made with tamarind sauce as the base. Here are a few tasty and delicious South Indian Kuzhambu varieties which you Most of the kuzhambu varieties given above are without coconut. Regarding tamarind, you can add tomatoes and reduce the amount of tamarind. Add tamarind to water and mash it up well and extract the pulp.