Roasted Whole Turkey.
You can cook Roasted Whole Turkey using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Whole Turkey
- Prepare 1 of Turkey.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 4 stalks of celery.
- You need 2 cups of butter -softened.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- It’s of fresh herbs – rosemary, thyme, oregano.
Roasted Whole Turkey instructions
- Remove turkey from package. Remove neck and organ bag..
- Cut up onions and celery into large pieces and place in bottom of roasting pan..
- Put dry turkey on top of onions and celery..
- Rub butter all over turkey inside and out. Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder over entire turkey. Stuff with fresh herbs..
- Cover and bake at 325F for approximately 4 hours. Time will vary by weight..
- Baste with juices made by turkey every 45 minutes. Basting is very important..
- After 3 hours remove cover and continue roasting.
- After it is done cooking remove from oven and let rest for at least 1/2 hour..