Turkey Chili. Incredible, perfectly spiced healthy chili made with lean ground turkey, kidney beans and corn. Using ground turkey, canned kidney beans, and plenty of seasonings gives this simple and surprisingly light chili plenty of flavor. It's even better the second day!
You might not think of chili as an easy weeknight dish, but this turkey version from Pierre Franey will change your mind. Turkey Chili is a healthy, flavorful recipe that's it's easy to throw together and everyone loves it! It's just one of those family friendly dinners that everyone can agree on. You can cook Turkey Chili using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey Chili
- Prepare 1 of pound ground turkey.
- You need 1 can of light red kidney beans.
- You need 1 can of dark red kidney beans.
- Prepare 1 can of extra sweet whole kernel corn.
- Prepare 1 can of Small tomato paste.
- You need 1 can of 28 oz diced tomatoes (I happen to have some my mom canned but you can use store bought).
- It’s 1 can of 28 oz tomatoe sauce.
- Prepare 1 large of Green pepper chopped.
- It’s 1 large of chopped onion.
- You need 4 tbsp of worcestershire sauce, maybe more as you can tell I don't measure much..
- You need 1 of Tabasco sauce to taste.
- You need 1 of onion powder, garlic powder, salt, fresh ground pepper, chili powder. I don't measure my spices I do it all by taste and add as I go. Just taste test as you go..
Dump and simmer Turkey Chili recipe (stove top or slow cooker) can be on the table in less than an hour and is divinely delicious, healthy yet hearty and SO packed with flavor you won't even miss the. It's one of the quickest chilis you can make, and leftovers keep beautifully! Turkey chili is loaded with lean ground turkey making it healthier than traditional chili but just as hearty and satisfying. My friend Gina from nursing school, shared this award winning slow cooker chili.
Turkey Chili step by step
- Brown ground turkey add some of listed spices.
- Drain and rinse kidney beans.
- Add tomato, sauce, paste, diced tomato, beans and corn to pot.
- Simmer onion and green pepper in same pan you browned turkey in. Use 1 cup water while you simmer till tender to get the pan drippings to flavor them..
- Add turkey and cooked onions and green peppers to pot.
- Add worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and all the spices listed above to your desired taste.
- I transfer to crock pot and simmer for 4 hours. I like my chili thick but you can add water while you simmer in crock pot to thin it out.
This turkey chili is inspired by The Biggest Loser show. I watched it every Healthy Turkey Chili in a Slow Cooker. Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on high heat and add. This chili features ground turkey, which is a great alternative to ground beef (especially if you're cooking on a budget) and makes for a more mild, kid-friendly stew. Turkey Chili is so thick and hearty and bursting with flavor.