Eggplant casserole. Hearty eggplant casserole can easily serve as a filling meatless entree. If you like eggplant, I think you will love this cheesy eggplant casserole. It's topped with cheese and baked until bubbling hot.
The eggplant is cubed and cooked with a tasty combination of cheese, eggs, bread crumbs, garlic, and chopped vegetables. Learn How to Make Eggplant Casserole with Beryl Stokes How to Make Great Food at Home From the Cajun recipes at Cajun Cooking TV in. Eggplant whether used in a vegetarian casserole or one containing meat, often veal, it is a delicious main course dish. You can cook Eggplant casserole using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant casserole
- It’s 2 of large eggplants, sliced into 1/2 inch slices.
- You need 2 cups of tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 12 oz of heavy cream or cream frachie.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of chives.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of parsley.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of thyme leaves.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper and salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of Parmesan cheese shredded.
This page contains eggplant casserole recipes. When I was a little girl, I used to love the eggplant casserole at Luby's Cafeteria.. Eggplant Casserole, Eggplant Casserole, Creamy Creole Eggplant Casserole. Italian Eggplant Casserole with Cashew-Tofu RicottaVegKitchen.
Eggplant casserole instructions
- Turn the broiler on. Slice eggplant , soak in the salty water for a 1/2 hour. Season eggplant slices with salt and pepper and lightly brush with olive oil, then put into oven. Pay attention, you will turn them over cook until golden on both sides. Set aside..
- Set the oven to 375F/190C. Place creme fraiche (or heavy cream) in a small saucepan over low heat, bring to a simmer and let reduce to half. Stir in half of the grated parmesan and all of the chopped herbs. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and set aside..
- Lightly grease a 9-inch casserole dish or gratin pan. Cover the bottom of the baking dish with some tomato sauce and arrange eggplant slices on top to form a uniform layer. Cover the eggplant with some tomato sauce and some Parmesan cheese. Repeat to make 3 layers, making sure to end with a layer of tomato sauce.
- Ladle over the reduced creme fraiche and sprinkle on a final layer of Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered in the oven for about 30 minutes, until browned and bubblin.
- Cook about 25 minutes. Then set the broiler again , to give the finish color about 5 minutes.
Cantonese eggplant casserole is not just another ho-hum eggplant dish. Trust me when I tell you that this eggplant casserole dish has amazing depth of flavor, and the secret ingredient is Cantonese. This Eggplant Casserole is my very favorite way to cook eggplant. It is a Baked Eggplant Parmesan that is stacked in a deep casserole dish, yet the recipe is not greasy at all (like many are). Add the eggplant and cook halfway through.