Eggplant and yogurt salad – salatet batenjen w laban. Assembly: Lay the eggplant slices in an ovenproof dish; ladle the yogurt over the eggplant, then the meat mixture; sprinkle the pine nuts. Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry eggplant until they turn lightly golden, adding more oil if necessary. Easy, Low calorie Eggplant Salad with garlic & herb yogurt sauce video recipe.
I cook with it often, as my ever eggplant craving palate tends to throw frequent fits demanding something made with the vegetable. Turkish eggplant with yogurt is one of the most popular meze. This eggplant is roasted until nicely charred, soft in texture, with a nutty flavor. You can cook Eggplant and yogurt salad – salatet batenjen w laban using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant and yogurt salad – salatet batenjen w laban
- Prepare 500 g of eggplants, preferably big and round eggplant.
- Prepare 2 cups of yogurt.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried mint, finely ground.
- You need 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, for frying.
It is then drizzled with a refreshing garlic yogurt sauce and served with fresh bread. Rub the eggplant lightly with olive oil and grill until tender by laying the eggplant on its side and turning it every couple of minutes with a pair of tongs until it is fully charred and very soft The smokiness of the eggplant balances well with the peanut oil in this salad. To serve, arrange the eggplant slices on a large plate, slightly overlapping. Drizzle the saffron yogurt over them, sprinkle with the pine nuts and pomegranate seeds, and lay the basil on top.
Eggplant and yogurt salad – salatet batenjen w laban instructions
- Wash and peel the eggplants and cut into relatively thick slices, widthwise..
- Fry the eggplant slices in vegetable oil until they become light brown in color; making sure not to burn them. Drain on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- Mix the yogurt, garlic and salt in a bowl..
- In a serving plate, pour half the quantity of the yogurt mixture, lay the eggplant slices on the yogurt, then add the remaining yogurt over the eggplants..
- Sprinkle with dried mint and serve cold..
Mash the eggplant so no large chunks remain. In a large bowl, add the yogurt, mashed eggplant, green To smoke the salad, heat one piece charcoal over open flame until gray and reddish in color. Place a small square of aluminum foil in. I loved the eggplant dish so much, I grilled everyone I could to find out the ingredients and the technique. What I also found out was that the more "traditional" version of this dish is So far, I have tried this with both grilled and roasted eggplant and they are both great.