You can cook Eggplant pancakes using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant pancakes
- You need 1 of eggplant.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil (for pan frying).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2-3 Tbsp of flour.
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of butter (softened).
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s of Powdered Sugar (if preferred, my daughter likes maple syrup).
Eggplant pancakes instructions
- First, everything is dependent on the size of your eggplant, and how many pancakes you want. 1 cup of chopped, uncooked eggplant makes 4 (3in) pancakes. Use the smaller amount of ingredients for 4-6 pancakes, and the larger amount to double. Do Not add an extra egg, though:-).
- Steam the chopped eggplant until cooked, about 10min. Let cool on a towel lined plate..
- Heat oil to a medium (5) in a large pan, skillet, with deep sides preferred..
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg w/ softened butter. Add flour, baking powder, brown sugar, and eggplant. Mash the eggplant and combine..
- Place by 'spoonful' (I pour right from mixing bowl) into hot oil. Cook until bubbly on top, then flip. Remove when nice and browned, place on a towel lined plate. (they will look like pancakes).
- 3 year old approved!.