Double cooked eggplant in tomato sauce. Learn how to make Baked Eggplant with Mushroom-and-Tomato Sauce. Eggplants, also known as aubergines, belong to the nightshade family of plants and are used in many Italian dishes. You can double this recipes and freeze half.
For one thing, you need to get the fat right. I always cringe when I see a recipe that requires frying the eggplant, as I know what a thirsty sponge the Almost all tomato sauce recipes require that you cook the garlic first creates a different flavor. Today's stew features eggplants or aubergines, which are one of my favorite vegetable sorts. You can have Double cooked eggplant in tomato sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Double cooked eggplant in tomato sauce
- You need 2 of medium eggplants.
- Prepare 1 of small onion chopped.
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of garlic sliced thin.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 of allspice balls.
- You need 3-4 tbs of oil I like olive oil always.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of granulated sugar.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1-2 of fresh Basil leafs.
This aubergine or eggplant stew in tomato sauce is a typical Romanian vegetable stew, eaten a lot not only during the fasting times, but mostly in summer when. Soft, sweet eggplant in rich tomato sauce. This tomato sauce though… this stuff is pretty sophisticated and special. For the tomato sauce I used a simple marinara sauce recipe except that I roasted the tomatoes first to add even more flavour.
Double cooked eggplant in tomato sauce step by step
- First take the 2 eggplants and slice them length wise and put them in a bowl coat them with salt to prevent them from loosing there colour.
- Now bbq the eggplants at high heat till they get some colour on both sides.
- Now add in a large skillet the onion basil garlic oil bay leaf and sauté till golden.
- Turn the heat low add the crashed tomatoes and sugar,the sugar will help for the tomato not to be very zesty.
- Cook like that for about 15 minutes at low heat and than add the eggplants and cook at low heat for another 20 minutes.
- Enjoy καλή όρεξη.
Though the eggplant wrapped kebabs took a bit of time to make, everything was pretty easy and they turned out great! I really like the way that the tomato slices on top roasted. Combining slow-roasted eggplant and dried porcini creates luscious, meatless "meatballs" in this Add half of the meatballs at a time and cook over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until Medium-bodied red wines go best with meatballs and tomato sauce—even vegetarian versions. Though eggplant is relatively delicate, it pulls in the flavor of whatever it's cooked with, in this case garlic, fresh herbs, and tomatoes. Salting eggplant in advance is an optional step, but one I usually take the time to do; I find it gives the vegetable a creamier texture.