Turkey Veggie Chili.
You can cook Turkey Veggie Chili using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey Veggie Chili
- It’s 1 cup of lime juice. I use this in lieu of cooking oil because it adds a fantastic flavor and, obviously, no fat. I've also used chicken and veggie stock for this purpose as well.
- You need 2 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground chicken.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chili powder.
- You need 2 tablespoons of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of hot smoked paprika.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 of red onion, diced.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, peeled and minced.
- It’s 1 head of broccoli, separated and roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of red pepper, seeded and diced (if you want, you can roast it first, that adds a terrific flavor.).
- You need 1 of green pepper, seeded and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped (wash your hands afterward to avoid accidentally rubbing your eyes. I've learned this the hard way.).
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s of Fresh corn of 1 cob – OPTIONAL.
- You need 2 cups of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped.
- Prepare of Feta cheese for serving – OPTIONAL.
- You need 1 of large stockpot, the largest you have.
Turkey Veggie Chili instructions
- Add the lime juice to the stockpot over medium heat, then immediately add the turkey, chicken, all the ground spices, onion, garlic, pepper, and 1/2 the salt. Using a long spatula, break up the meat as it cooks until it is in tiny pieces. Let cook for 10 minutes, or until no pink is visible..
- Add the broccoli, tomatoes, red and green peppers, jalapeño, and corn. Sprinkle the rest of the salt over. This helps pull the liquid from the tomatoes so they cook more evenly. Let simmer for 25 minutes before taking off the heat..
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in 1 3/4 cup of the cilantro, reserving about 1/2 cup for serving..
- Serve in bowls topped with the feta cheese (if you wish) and fresh cilantro. **Important safety tip** Let the batch of chili cool down to lukewarm – up to 90 minutes after cooking – before putting it in the refridgerator. This will keep the inside of your fridge at the proper temperature for safe food storage..