Miso stir-fry with eggplant & Green bell pepper. Miso Pork and Eggplant Stir Fry (豚肉とナスの味噌炒め) is one of my go-to recipes when I have eggplants in my kitchen. I love the eggplants when they soak up all the delicious savory flavors, especially with miso and soy sauce-based sauce. When served over a bowl of steamed rice, the dish.
Eggplant goes so well with miso and green capsicum adds bright colour to the dish. My Miso Stir Fry with Eggplant Eggplant flesh melts when cooked in oil and it goes so well with miso. Capsicum is also a good friend of sweet miso flavour. You can cook Miso stir-fry with eggplant & Green bell pepper using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Miso stir-fry with eggplant & Green bell pepper
- It’s 3 of eggplants (remove the stem, cut into half and chop into chunks.).
- Prepare 3 of green bell peppers (cut into half, seed and chop into chunks.).
- Prepare 1/2 of onion (peeled and thickly sliced).
- Prepare of pork back ribs (if you have, as much as you want).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of miso *.
- Prepare 2 1/2 Tbsp of sugar *.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of each sake, mirin *.
- You need of Shredded shiso leaves (optional).
No wonder this dish is a classic 'miso itame' dish in Japan. Nasu-miso is pan-fried eggplant dressed with a savory-sweet miso glaze. Nasu miso is easy to prepare especially if you already have the miso glaze in the freezer. Many good cooks always make extra and keep it in the freezer.
Miso stir-fry with eggplant & Green bell pepper step by step
- Combine the * ingredients in a bowl and mix well to make sauce..
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add pork (if you have), and when pork is slightly cooked, add eggplant and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add onion, next green bell pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes..
- Pour the sauce in and cook over the low heat until the liquid is almost gone (3-4 mins)..
- Top with shredded shiso leaves to finish (optional).
The Japan Food Addict app is here! Remove from heat, add green onion, and serve in a small bowl. Stir-fry until eggplant is tender and tofu is golden. Reduce heat to medium and add reserved sauce. Sprinkle stir-fry with sesame seeds and serve with rice and broccolini.