Fried Chinese Pork Stuffed Eggplant 🍆.
You can have Fried Chinese Pork Stuffed Eggplant 🍆 using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Chinese Pork Stuffed Eggplant 🍆
- It’s 4 of medium eggplants (I used long purple eggplants).
- It’s 1/2 lb of regular ground pork.
- It’s 1 of onion (or 2 green onions).
- You need 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of powdered ginger (or use fresh minced if you have it).
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms (optional).
- It’s 1 of oil for frying (I used saved pork fat for awesome taste).
- You need 1 of egg.
Fried Chinese Pork Stuffed Eggplant 🍆 step by step
- Wash eggplants, cut off stem ends at an angle, discard stem ends..
- At an angle, parallel to the first cut you made, about 1/2 inch away make another cut, but don't cut all the way through. The next cut, go all the way through, to make a sandwich. Repeat this step until the eggplants are all cut..
- Set the eggplant pieces aside..
- If using regular onion, cut it in half; finely chop one half. Cut the other half into wedges. In a small bowl, mix the finely chopped onion (or green onions), pork and remaining ingredients together, and mix well..
- Heat oil on medium low in a large frying pan..
- Using a fork, stuff the eggplant pieces with the pork mixture, like a sandwich. When all pieces are stuffed, place in the frying pan and fry for about 5 minutes on each side to ensure that the pork is fully cooked..
- Add the onion wedges when you get all the eggplant pieces into the pan..
- Serve with soy sauce..