Turkey fricasse. Make the most of leftover roast turkey with this creamy fricassee. It's delicious served with potatoes or pasta, and ideal for using up turkey from Christmas dinner. We know that there is absolutely no reason.
Turkey fricassee with leftover turkey: Cut it or tear the leftover turkey into bite-sized pieces. Halve or quarter the mushrooms, depending on their size. You may also wish to Add turkey meat, andouille, and mushrooms. You can cook Turkey fricasse using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey fricasse
- It’s 1 lb of shredded cooked turkey.
- Prepare 2 clove of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium carrot peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of celery chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2/3 cup of roasted turkey skin and fatty pieces.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black ground pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground sage.
- You need 1 tsp of rosemary, crushed.
- It’s 2 tsp of thyme leaves, crushed.
- You need 2 cup of turkey stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
Bring mixture to a rolling boil, reduce heat to simmer. Best Franchises to own in Turkey. View our directory of Franchise businesses available in Turkey. We provide extensive selection of Franchises from different industries: Training, Restaurants, Children.
Turkey fricasse instructions
- Mix spices together in a pinch bowl: salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, sage..
- Heat oil, saute until clear: onions, garlic, celery and carrots; adding a few pinches of spice mix. Tilt pan to pool oil and remove veggies to side bowl..
- Add turkey skin and fats to now seasoned oil. Add another pinch or two of mixed seasoning. Use medium heat, cover. Cook down fats and skin. Tilt pan and squeeze fats into pool. Remove solids and skin, leaving oils behind..
- Slowly add flour to seasoned oil, whisking constantly to eliminate lumps. Slowly whisk in Turkey stock. Add more or less to suit. Add pinches of spice seasoning. When Gravy is at desired consistency add shredded turkey. Add remaining spice seasoning and cooked veggies. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stirring often..
- Serve over mashed potatoes!.
Make this simple yet sublime dish of wild turkey, simmered This fricassee dish is my favourite springtime recipe for a freshly harvested wild turkey. Turkey with rice and vegetables is a recipe that is difficult to surprise someone with, but Traditionally, a fricassee is a stew of white meat in white sauce, so we need to par-cook. Please contact us for further information on Turkey-Fricassee. Slow cooked Turkey with Cabbage, Sweet Potato and Banana. It will get you patting your paws for more!