Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version. This Healthy Eggplant parmesan is a lightened up version of one of your favorite dishes. This low-carb, healthy eggplant parmesan is a lightened up version of the classic Italian dish. Made without breadcrumbs, each slice is low in calories and low in fat, without compromising on flavor.
Make a healthy baked eggplant parmesan with crispy almond flour-coated eggplant slices that are baked — no frying or bread crumbs needed! His love inspired me to create a healthier homemade version that isn't fried or loaded down with oil. Try this healthier and vegetarian version of traditional eggplant Parmesan. You can have Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version
- Prepare 2 of large eggplant.
- Prepare 1 jar of Marinara sauce.
- Prepare of Oil.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s 3-4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need of Water.
- You need of Shredded Mozarella.
- It’s of Grated Parmesan.
Thank you so much for being a part of this journey and sharing in it with me! Unlike traditional eggplant Parmesan where you dip, dredge and fry eggplant slices, here we layer it a bit like a lasagna. For this recipe, I stuck with simple layers of roasted I make my vegan Parmesan with cashews or walnuts. But you can substitute pepita seeds or sunflower seeds for a nut-free version.
Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version instructions
- Preheat the oven for 400 F. Chop the ends of egg plant and discard the ends. Cut the remaining egg plants in slices. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper and cook at 400 F for 15mins on a baking pan..
- Mix water and all purpose flour in a sauce pan and whisk well..
- Turn on the the flame and whisk the sauce well without any clumps, add 1/2 jar of Marinara sauce to it and garlic and keep mixing it until thickened. Once it's thickened, turn off the stove.
- Take a deep oven dish, coat the bottom of the dish with small amount of Marinara sauce. Arrange the roasted eggplant, then top with sauce prepared and then bottled Marinara sauce. Stack other layer same way as mentioned.
- Top it with Mozarella and Parmesan. Bake at 400F for another 10mins till you see the bubbling. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a bit and Enjoy.
Arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on the baking sheet. Mist the tops of the eggplant slices liberally with oil spray, and lightly sprinkle with salt Sprinkle the slices with the Parmesan cheese, oregano and red pepper flakes. A tasty, healthy version of the traditional eggplant Parmesan. Most eggplant Parmesan recipes call for the eggplant to be fried. By treating the eggplant with the olive oil and letting it bake, I have tried to make a healthier version.