Tortang Talong(Eggplant Omelette). How To Cook Filipino Tortang Talong Eggplant With Eggs. Tortang Talong is open to so many variations from the filling to the dips. You can pretty much put anything savory in Foxy Tips when making Tortang Talong.
It is eaten with steamed rice and ketchup. Tortang talong is best eaten with steamed white rice and banana ketchup. I recommend this dish to our beginners because it only takes few easy steps to complete. You can have Tortang Talong(Eggplant Omelette) using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tortang Talong(Eggplant Omelette)
- It’s 4 pcs of eggplant.
- You need 2 of medium size egg.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Cooking oil.
- It’s of Pepper.
Growing up, I never knew this food as tortang talong. I called it eggplant omelet, because really, that's all it is. In fact, I still call it eggplant omelet. Just like I called menudo "the one with raisins," and kare-kare "peanut butter stuff." Tortang talong, also known as eggplant omelette, is a Filipino omelette made by pan-frying grilled whole eggplants dipped in an egg mixture.
Tortang Talong(Eggplant Omelette) step by step
- Grill the eggplant.
- After, peel off the skin (I like to peel it off while it's hot soaked in cool water).
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, put salt and pepper to taste..
- Add the eggplant. Press it firmly with fork to coat the egg evenly..
- Now, add cooking oil in the pan. Wait till it's hot enough to fry the eggplant. When frying wait till it turn brown then you can turn it over..
- Serve it with your own sauce. (Ketchup or soysauce with onions and tomatoes).
It is a popular breakfast and lunch meal in the Philippines. A common variant of tortang talong is rellenong talong, which is stuffed with meat, seafood. Tortang Talong is a healthy eggplant recipes that Filipino loves to cook because it's budget friendly and very tasty. Yes, making this recipe needs little bit of patience because of the grilling or broiling, peeling then cooking it again… but the end result is very satisfying. Eggplant is abundant in the Philippines and can be found in a number of other Filipino dishes.