Broiled Eggplant Japonaise. Japanese eggplant is much sweeter than the larger globe eggplant more commonly used in the US, so you don't have to do much to make it delicious. A bit of salt and some neutral oil, tamari, ginger, and. Scoring the skin of the eggplant before broiling makes it easier to peel when cooked.
Use our simple broiled eggplant recipe, topped with balsamic, for a side dish or vegetarian appetizer. Includes mirin, sake, mellow white miso, agave nectar, japanese eggplants, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, sliced green onions. See more ideas about Eggplant recipes, Japanese eggplant recipes, Recipes. You can cook Broiled Eggplant Japonaise using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broiled Eggplant Japonaise
- It’s 1 large of eggplant.
- It’s 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Tabasco sauce.
- It’s 1 of salt.
This roasted Japanese eggplant (Nasu Dengaku) topped with a sweet umami-filled miso glaze is your next favorite. Everyone has certain ingredients that give them trouble in the kitchen. In a small dish, blend garlic with Parmesan, and sprinkle mixture evenly. Japanese eggplants are broiled (or grilled, if you have the time), spread with a sweetened miso mixture, and then broiled again for a few seconds.
Broiled Eggplant Japonaise instructions
- Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut stems off eggplant.
- Cut eggplant into 1/2" thick strips.
- Drizzle oil on cookie sheet.
- Add eggplant strips to cookie sheet.
- Drizzle oil on eggplant.
- Add salt to eggplant as desired.
- Broil eggplant for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip over eggplant and broil for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Mix garlic, soy sauce, sugar, Tabasco sauce into a bowl.
- Toss eggplant into bowl and marinade.
- Serve immediately.
Liberally brush the glaze onto the eggplant. The amount of time will vary depending on the size of your eggplant and the strength of your broiler. Learn how to make Broiled Eggplant Parmesan. Mist eggplant slices lightly on both sides with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt and pepper and arrange in a single layer on lined baking sheet. A most delicious main course for any occasion, formal or casual.