Eggplant Pizza Roll Ups.
You can have Eggplant Pizza Roll Ups using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Pizza Roll Ups
- You need of EGGPLANT,ROLLS.
- You need 1 of large eggplant, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch long slices.
- It’s 16 of to 20 thin slices,of pepperoni.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of Italian four cheese blend, cut into strips to equal the number of eggpant slices.
- Prepare of BRUSHING SAUCE.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salted or unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning spice blend.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of hot sauce such as Franks brand.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of romano cheese, grated.
- You need of GARNISH AND,SERVING.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 2 tbsp of romano cheese, grated.
- It’s 1 cup of marinara sauce, your favorite or mine, my recipe attached in step #8.
Eggplant Pizza Roll Ups instructions
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a bowl combine all brushing sauce ingredients.
- Brush eggplant slices with sauce on both sides and place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Cover each slice of eggplant with a single layer of pepperoni.
- Roast until eggplant is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Lay a strip of cheese on the end of each eggplant and roll up.
- Sprinkle with the romaine cheese garnish, and secure with a toothpick.
- The rolls can be made to this point and either heated to eat now or refrigerated up to 2 days. To heat the eggplant rolls to serve arrange on a microwave safe plate and heat just until cheese is melted but not oozing out. Garnish with parsley and sprinkle with more romano cheese. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping. My recipe is attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/366612-simple-basic-marinara-sauce.