You can cook Turkey Stock using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey Stock
- You need 1 of Turkey carcass.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need 2 stick of Celery with leaves.
- Prepare 1 stick of if Thyme.
- You need 1 of Peppercorn.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
Turkey Stock instructions
- Ok, so here's what you do. If your carcass is too big, break it up in half and arrange it. That or get a bigger pot. After placing the turkey in the pot, add all of the other ingredients. Fill with cold water -about 2 inches above the turkey if you have room. If you don't have room, consider either saving the other half of the turkey carcass for another day or do what I did, get out a second pot and make two batches..
- Turn the burner to high. It will take about 20 mins to get at a boiling state..
- When the liquid is boiling, turn down to med. Cook for the next 1.5 hours. During this time, check for foam that can rise to the top when cooking bones and scoop it out..
- Once the liquid is done, strain contents into another bowl. There should be no onion or turkey bones etc in your broth..
- Allow the broth to cool down to room temp or give an ice bath to reduce temp quickly. To do an ice bath: place bowl or pot in the sink then fill the outside with ice. Stir occassionally to distribute temp evenly..
- Place into plastic container and then into the freezer. I highly recommend portioning out the stock to 1 cup increments as usually most recipes call for 1 cup minimums..