You can have Breaded Aubergine using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Breaded Aubergine
- You need 1 of medium eggplant.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 cup of breadcrumbs (approximately).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of each salt, black pepper, oregano and basil (or to taste).
- You need of some olive oil for drizzling.
Breaded Aubergine step by step
- Cut the eggplant in rounds. Mine were the same thickness as my ring finger.
- Season the breadcrumbs with salt, black pepper, oregano and basil (or use seasoned breadcrumbs).
- Crack the egg in a bowl and dilute with a teaspoon of water.
- Drop each round of eggplant in the egg, then roll in breadcrumbs tapping off the excess. Arrange in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes in a 230°C oven, turning half way through. When nicely browned, take out of the oven and drizzle with olive oil. Enjoy :).