Special Eggplant Subs.
You can cook Special Eggplant Subs using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Special Eggplant Subs
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of dry bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 of medium eggplant, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- Prepare 4 of submarine sandwich buns (10 inches), split.
- Prepare Leaf of lettuce.
- Prepare 1 jar (7 1/4 oz) of roasted red peppers, drained and sliced.
- It’s 2 of medium tomatoes, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 8 oz of fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of Mayo (optional).
Special Eggplant Subs step by step
- Set up your dipping station. In separate mixing bowls, place your flour, egg, and bread crumbs in a row. Go down the row with each slice, covering with flour, then egg, and finally bread crumbs. Continue until all the eggplant is coated. Pro tip is to keep one hand dry and one wet..
- On the bottom of each bun, layer lettuce, eggplant, red peppers, cheese, tomatoes, and mayo or if desired..