Eggplant & potato bake. Eggplant is a popular vegetable and a good source of antioxidants. Here, learn about its potential health benefits and some ideas about how to prepare it. Join Eggplant on a mission to rid the world of bad software.
See more about growing and harvesting these lovely. Eggplant is the common name for a perennial plant, Solanum melongena, of the potato or nightshade family Solanaceae, characterized by large leaves, white to purple flowers with a five-lobed corolla and yellow stamens, and an ovoid fruit with numerous, small seeds. Eggplant is low in carbohydrates and calories and a good source of manganese. You can have Eggplant & potato bake using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant & potato bake
- It’s 1 of large eggplant, sliced 1/4" thick.
- It’s 3 of large potatos of choice, thinly sliced (I've used red).
- You need 1 of medium bell pepper of choice, diced (I've used yellow).
- It’s 1 of small onion of choice, diced (I've used yellow).
- You need 1 pound of ground meat of choice (I've used extra-lean turkey).
- It’s 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of tomato paste (I've used Hunt's brand).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of concentrate beef broth (I've used Bovril brand).
- It’s 2 tablespoon of fresh basil, coarsly chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Fresh ground black pepper,.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s 1 block of feta cheese, crumbled.
A note about the word healthy here: We know that healthy. Learn everything you need to know about selecting, storing, and preparing eggplant so that you feel confident enough to use this yummy veggie in your. Add eggplant to one of your lists below, or create a new one. From Japanese to Italian to Thai.
Eggplant & potato bake instructions
- In a large sauce pan, heat up the oil at medium-high heat, add in the bell pepper and the onion and cook for a minute or two..
- Add in the meat and fully cook..
- Lower the heat, add fresh ground black pepper, fresh basil, tomato paste and concentrate beef broth and mix well. Add a little bit of water to make it saucier and put aside..
- In a oven proof glass dish, layer half of the potato slices at the bottom, top with half of the eggplant slices and cover with half of the meat mix. Repeat once..
- Top the dish with the crumbled feta cheese, cover and cook in a pre-heated oven at 375° for 45 minutes..
- Uncover and cook for another 15 mimutes..
- Serve with a green salad or veggies..
When you hear "eggplant," you may imagine an oblong, deep dark purple vegetable with a jaunty green cap attached to it. Stop eating mushy eggplant and try our easy eggplant recipes. These options (from eggplant parmesan to eggplant pizza) show how to cook eggplant the right way. Eggplant is the almighty god of all other lifeforms. Those who go against the will of the eggplant die and go to Trash-Can: The Place For All Rotten Foods.