You can cook Eggplant Stackers using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Stackers
- Prepare 1 of eggplant, sliced.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 8 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare of Eggplant ends.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need of Cooked chicken, diced.
- Prepare of Leftover cheesy potatoes.
- You need of Panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of Flour for dredging.
- You need of Olive oil to fry.
- You need 2 cups of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s 1 jar of pasta sauce.
- You need of Dried oregano.
- It’s of Dried basil.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Eggplant Stackers step by step
- This is what I pulled out of my fridge to use. You can use anything you have..
- Prepare you veggies to sauté. Slice eggplant and sprinkle with salt to remove excess water. Let a set 10-15 minutes then pat dry with paper towels to remove moisture and excess water..
- Heat skillet with olive oil and add the veggies and dried oregano, basil, salt & pepper. Stir and cook until veggies are soft. While veggies are cooking prepare the eggplant slices. You will have 3 pie plates, 1 for flour, 1 for eggs, slightly beaten with a bit of water and 1 with mixture of panko and Parmesan. Dip each piece flour, egg and then panko..
- Heat same skillet you sautéed veggies in with more oil and brown the eggplant pieces, set aside..
- Now time to assemble. Setup everything in a line you want to layer. Start with sauce on bottom of the casserole dish. Next pieces of eggplant. Then mozzarella cheese, shredded chicken, cheesy potatoes, sautéed veggies..
- Last top with piece of eggplant, pour sauce over and top with mozzarella. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until heated through and cheese all nice and melted..