Sweet eggplant fries. These crispy baked eggplant fries are a tasty and healthy alternative to regular fries. What sounds like a seriously strange recipe, is actually totally delicious. Eggplant/brinjal/aubergine cooked in a tangy and sweet tamarind jaggery sauce.
This is so easy to make at home and much better than most restaurant versions. With our magic ingredient you will easily have perfect results every time! I love fried eggplant, but I haven't made it in a couple of years because I was taught to deep-fry the eggplant slices, and I try to avoid deep-frying our food. You can cook Sweet eggplant fries using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet eggplant fries
- Prepare 1 of Eggplant.
- Prepare 1 dash of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of honey.
Recipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks. Eggplant provides all kinds of body-boosting nutrients like folate and potassium, and they're a good source of fiber―making them. This dish is a creative and a delicious way to serve Chinese style eggplant. The chilli adds a great kick.
Sweet eggplant fries instructions
- Cut the eggplant without peeling it, and put it on a bowl with icy-cold water. You should have cut it in thin slices; the thinner, the better..
- Dry the slices with paper towels and put them inside a plastic bag. Put some flour inside the bag, close it leaving air inside and shake it. If the slices are not covered enough, add more flour and shake the bag again..
- Deep fry the eggplant slices until they are crispy and golden. If you don't want to fry them you can bake them..
- Drain the excess oil and add some honey while they're hot. You can try honey, molasses or maple syrup..
Eggplant & Tofu Stir Fry (Oil & Gluten-free). Author: Jasmine @ Sweet Simple Vegan. Sichuan-style fried eggplant, firm yet creamy and bursting with flavor, is truly exquisite, but cooking it can be a challenge—eggplant's porous flesh soaks up oil like a sponge and can quickly go from silky. These Eggplant Parm Fries are basically a deconstructed eggplant parmesan in french fry form. I thought of these fries first as an appetizer but after they were finished and we started to "taste test".