Creamy Ground Turkey 🦃 Sloppy Joe. This ground turkey sloppy joe recipe adds more nutritious ingredients into the comfort food classic without losing any of its kid-friendly dinner appeal. Swap beef for turkey in this lightened-up version of a classic meal. These Turkey Sloppy Joes are family-tested and kid-approved, plus lean ground turkey is a great healthy option for weeknight dinners.
Healthy turkey sloppy joes with an easy homemade sauce made with ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard. So why are these a lil better for you? Well first off, they're a bit leaner thanks to lean ground turkey, but they also are significantly lower in sugar thanks to a homemade. You can cook Creamy Ground Turkey 🦃 Sloppy Joe using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Ground Turkey 🦃 Sloppy Joe
- Prepare 1 pack of ground turkey (2.5 lbs.).
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce).
- You need 1 can of condensed tomato soup.
- Prepare 1 container (15 ounce) of whole milk ricotta cheese.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need of Ciabatta rolls.
Ground Turkey Sloppy JoesThe Diary of a Real Housewife. I love a good sloppy joe. Maybe that's why I have several versions here on the blog. Made with ground turkey and filled with extra veggies, these Turkey Sloppy Joes are a healthier alternative to your typical sloppy joes.
Creamy Ground Turkey 🦃 Sloppy Joe instructions
- In a large pot sauté your ground turkey in olive oil until almost browned….drain any excess fat……
- Add in your chopped onion, green pepper and garlic, sauté for a few more minutes…….
- Next add in : black pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano and Italian seasoning, sauté for several more minutes…….
- Now add in your can of diced tomatoes and tomato soup, heat all for several more minutes…….
- Now add your container of ricotta cheese, heat until cheese has melted into turkey mixture…….
- Now add in your sharp cheddar cheese, remove pan from heat and stir well…….
- Serve over ciabatta rolls and enjoy 😉!.
They have a really good flavor I use the red wine vinegar in mine. Transfer the turkey and onions to a crock pot. Roll up your sleeves for this neat, nourishing rendition of a meat-and-tomatoes favorite. Use ground turkey as a smart stand-in for ground chuck in a range of recipes-it provides plenty of meaty flavor, with less saturated fat. Rating In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and ground turkey.