You can cook Turkey Gravy using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey Gravy
- You need 1 of "Honey & Lemon Turkey Breast" ( see my recipes).
- It’s 1/2 lb of butter.
- You need 1/2 lb of flour.
- You need 1 t of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 pinch of kosher salt and black pepper.
Turkey Gravy step by step
- Strain braising liquid from "Honey & Lemon Turkey Breast" into a large sauce pot..
- In a seperate non-stick saute pan, melt butter. Continously stir butter while adding flour little by little to make a roux..
- Bring braising liquid to a simmer. Add roux to braising liquid, little by little, while whisking to avoid clumping. Bring to a boil. Adjust thickness with roux until desired consistency..
- Add seasoning. Simmer for 2 minutes..
- Variations; Fresh parsely, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, basil, oregano, habanero, celery seed, onions, shallots, wine, beer, bourbon, white pepper, peppercorn melange, dried onion soup mix, ranch seasoning herbes de provence, roasted garlic.