Turkey Chili Stuffed Potatoes. Turkey Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, using Blount Fine Foods Turkey Chili. Shredded Colby Jack or cheddar cheese, for topping. Simple Truth Organic® Plain Low-Fat Yogurt, for topping.
These chili-stuffed sweet potatoes are full of healthy ingredients and perfect for watching the game or weeknight supper. They're packed with protein, fiber, vitamin A with no shortage of flavor. After stuffing your sweet potatoes with chili and cheese, simply pack each one into an individual, microwave safe container. You can have Turkey Chili Stuffed Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey Chili Stuffed Potatoes
- It’s 2 of lbs. Lean Ground Turkey.
- It’s 1 C. of Onion, chopped.
- You need 2 tsp. of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of Can Diced Tomatoes (do not drain).
- You need 1 tsp. of Salt.
- You need 2 tsp. of Chipotle Chili Powder.
- It’s 2 tsp. of Ground Cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Smoked Paprika.
- You need 1 1/2 C. of Non-Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare 6 of Russet Potatoes, baked.
- Prepare of Hot Sauce, if desired.
While the sweet potatoes are baking, prepare the small batch of chili. Add the ground turkey and olive oil to a large pot. Sauté the turkey over medium heat. (Reserve the insides of potatoes to make hash brown cakes the next day.) Spray cut side of skins with cooking spray, season with salt and pepper, and roast Add turkey and crumble as it cooks up. Stir in hot sauce and tomato sauce, and simmer over low heat to combine flavors.
Turkey Chili Stuffed Potatoes step by step
- In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes..
- Add ground turkey, cook, breaking up while it browns..
- When turkey is almost cooked through, add spices and diced tomatoes..
- Let finish cooking and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Open up the potatoes lengthwise, divide chili among the potatoes. Top each with ¼ C. of cheese and a few dashes of hair sauce, if using..
Wondering what to make with all those potatoes in the pantry? Here's a great recipe for a filling, healthy potato dinner. These turkey chili potatoes are one of our most popular member meals (fondly called turkey chili 'taters). This Turkey Sweet Potato Chili recipe is so good, you might want to double it!! Lightened-up chili using ground turkey and sweet potato!