Christmas turkey arroz caldo.
You can cook Christmas turkey arroz caldo using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Christmas turkey arroz caldo
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of thumb-sized knobs ginger, cut into thin matchsticks.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of jasmine rice, rinsed once.
- You need 6 cups of low sodium chicken stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of whole black peppercorns.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of roast turkey, chopped into bite-sized pieces.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped green onion.
Christmas turkey arroz caldo instructions
- Put a medium pot on medium-high heat. Add a splash of veg oil and the onions. Fry them until well-browned, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger and fry another 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the garlic and fry 1 minute more..
- Stir the fish sauce and rice into the pot. Add the stock and peppercorns. Cover and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. The rice should be plump and the broth thickened. The longer you cook, the more liquid the rice will absorb, so add extra water as needed..
- Add the turkey and simmer uncovered for 2 minutes. Add extra salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a sprinkle of green onion..