Turkey Chili. Incredible, perfectly spiced healthy chili made with lean ground turkey, kidney beans and corn. Using ground turkey, canned kidney beans, and plenty of seasonings gives this simple and surprisingly light chili plenty of flavor. It's even better the second day!
You might not think of chili as an easy weeknight dish, but this turkey version from Pierre Franey will change your mind. Turkey Chili is a healthy, flavorful recipe that's it's easy to throw together and everyone loves it! It's just one of those family friendly dinners that everyone can agree on. You can have Turkey Chili using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey Chili
- You need 1 lb of Turkey (ground).
- Prepare 1 large of Green Pepper (chopped).
- Prepare 1 cup of Yellow Onion (chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 cup of Chicken Stock (low sodium).
- You need 1 can of crushed tomatoes (28 Oz undrained).
- It’s 1 can of Diced tomatoes with green Chiles (undrained).
- Prepare 1 can of Red kidney beans (16 Oz).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sriracha chili sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Sea salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin (ground).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried Oregano.
Dump and simmer Turkey Chili recipe (stove top or slow cooker) can be on the table in less than an hour and is divinely delicious, healthy yet hearty and SO packed with flavor you won't even miss the. It's one of the quickest chilis you can make, and leftovers keep beautifully! Turkey chili is loaded with lean ground turkey making it healthier than traditional chili but just as hearty and satisfying. My friend Gina from nursing school, shared this award winning slow cooker chili.
Turkey Chili step by step
- Drain and rinse kidney beans. Combine and mix both cans of tomatoes, chicken stock, kidney beans, dry spices and herbs, and sriracha sauce into crock pot. Turn on crock pot to high..
- Saute onions, green pepper, and minced garlic. Add garlic after onions are translucent to avoid burning garlic..
- Add sauteed onions, green peppers, and garlic to crock pot and stir in..
- In saute pan, brown the turkey. Add turkey to crock pot, and stir in..
- Let chili sit in crock pot on high for at least an hour. Then serve or store..
This turkey chili is inspired by The Biggest Loser show. I watched it every Healthy Turkey Chili in a Slow Cooker. Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on high heat and add. This chili features ground turkey, which is a great alternative to ground beef (especially if you're cooking on a budget) and makes for a more mild, kid-friendly stew. Turkey Chili is so thick and hearty and bursting with flavor.