Roast Turkey. How to cook a turkey for Thanksgiving. My mother's tried and true roast turkey recipe. How to cook a turkey for Thanksgiving.
Seasoned with salt and pepper, and basted with turkey stock, the flavors of the turkey really stand out. If you're a turkey cooking pro. We have an easy-to-read chart so you don't have to read. You can cook Roast Turkey using 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roast Turkey
- You need 1 of bird Turkey (with liver).
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- It’s 120 grams of Peeled chestnuts.
- Prepare 400 grams of Sausage meat.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 40 grams of Panko.
- You need 1 of Fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 of Thyme.
- It’s 1 of Sage.
- You need 5 slice of Sliced bacon.
- It’s 1 of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 5 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 5 of Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 stick of Parsnip.
- It’s 20 of Brussels sprouts.
- You need of Gravy.
- It’s 4 tsp of Plain flour.
- You need 700 ml of Vegetable stock.
- You need of Cranberry Sauce.
- Prepare 320 grams of Cranberries.
- It’s 2 of Oranges.
- It’s 160 grams of Castor Sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Port wine.
This Roast Turkey Recipe has the juiciest, most flavorful turkey breast! The turkey breast is so juicy and flavorful and the skin is crisp and roasts to a beautiful golden brown. Turkey meat, commonly referred to as just turkey, is the meat from turkeys, typically domesticated turkeys but also wild turkeys. It is a popular poultry dish, especially in North America.
Roast Turkey instructions
- Mince the onion and the liver. Boil the chestnuts for 15 minutes and roughly chop..
- 200 g of sausage meat will be used for the stuffing, the remaining meat will be wrapped in bacon..
- Cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces..
- Heat vegetable oil in a shallow pot and cook the onion. When the onion is tender, add the liver and cook for 3-4 minutes. Let cool..
- Combine Step 4 with the sausage meat, chestnuts, panko, egg, and herbs..
- Stuff Step 5 into the neck of the turkey. Use a string to tie it closed and season with salt and pepper..
- Place Step 6, the potatoes, and the garlic on a heat-resistant dish. Drizzle with vegetable oil and place into an 180°C oven..
- Once the potatoes have cooked, remove them and continue cooking the turkey for another 2 hours..
- Boil the parsnip and brussels sprouts so that they are still slightly hard..
- Grill the sausage meat bacon wraps and the vegetables in a frying pan..
- Once the turkey has finished baking, remove the excess oil and combine with the flour and stock to make the gravy..
- [Cranberry Sauce] Grate the orange peel and squeeze out the juice. Place the other ingredients into a pot and simmer on low heat for 7-8 minutes..
Dry turkey is a holiday host's worst nightmare: No matter how much gravy you pour over it, it's never as satisfying as a succulent, expertly roasted Thanksgiving turkey. Make sure to remove any packaging from it and the bag of giblets from inside the cavity. Pat the skin dry with paper towels. A handy cooking chart makes it simple to roast a turkey—whether stuffed or unstuffed—in a conventional oven. Plus tips to assure a perfect bird.