Stuffed eggplant with the trimmings. Stuffed eggplant is a classic Middle Eastern dish and you can find riffs on it all through the region and into the Mediterranean—from ground beef stuffed eggplant to lamb stuffed eggplant to vegetarian versions stuffed with grains like couscous, there's seemingly an endless array of stuffed eggplant. Eggplant halves are stuffed with ground beef, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. This stuffed eggplant is a tasty alternative to heavier fried eggplant slices.
What I like most about this dish is that it Fill the middle of each eggplant slice with the shrimp and pork filling. Once all the slices are stuffed, heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over. Mix until just combined, then scoop into eggplant boats. You can cook Stuffed eggplant with the trimmings using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed eggplant with the trimmings
- It’s of stuffing.
- You need 1 medium of eggplant, aubergine.
- Prepare 2/3 lb of ground meat.
- You need 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/3 cup of sliced olives , black ripened.
- You need 14 1/2 oz of diced tomatoes, canned no salt added.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced jalapeño pepper.
- You need of inside hollowed eggplant.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s of topping.
- It’s 1 cup of pineapple I used fresh.
- It’s 2/3 cup of colby and monterrey jack cheese, sliced chunks.
This recipe is part of our collection of Fried & Baked Dim Sum Dishes. Sign up for our newsletter to get recipes, dining tips and restaurant reviews throughout the year! Stuffed eggplant is made by filling Chinese eggplant with mashed shrimp. The Best Eggplants for Stuffed Eggplant Parm.
Stuffed eggplant with the trimmings step by step
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- Cut both ends off the eggplant. Now cut in half..
- Hollow out but not all the way through each piece of egg plant, forming a bowl. I used a melon baller..
- In the hollowed out eggplant, add parmesan cheese, garlic, and salt. Set them into an oven safe dish..
- Brown your meat add the butter, jalapeños, pieces of eggplant, and spices. Let simmer 10 minutes. Then add, olives tomatoes, and parmesan cheese, simmer 10 more minutes..
- Fill the eggplant bowls with stuffing. In same dish, add the extra stuffing around the bowls. Add cheese chunks. Top with pineapple..
- Put in oven bake 30-35 minutes.
- Let rest 5 minutes. Serve hope you enjoy!.
Roast until tender (there should be no resistance when pierced with the tip of a paring. A large eggplant is hollowed out, and it's flesh is mixed with Italian sausage, garlic, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. The filling is then stuffed back into the shells, topped with Parmesan cheese, and baked. Great as a main course but you can buy the mini eggplant and use them as a side dish or.. This Stuffed Eggplant Parmesan recipe takes all that's great about eggplant parm and stuffs it in the eggplant skin, meaning less mess and easy serving!