Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey.
You can have Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey
- Prepare 6 of medium bell peppers (any color).
- Prepare 2 cups of finely chopped onion (divided).
- You need 5 of medium finely chopped garlic (divided).
- It’s 1/3 cup of finely chopped parsley.
- You need 1 1/2 tbs of chopped dill (I use dried).
- You need 28 oz of canned crushed tomatoes (divided).
- It’s 3/4 cup of uncooked brown rice (minute rice).
- You need 1.2 lbs of ground turkey (Aldi).
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil.
Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey instructions
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Coat 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray..
- Filling in a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of onion, 2 cloves garlic, 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/2 cup tomato, 1/3 cup parsley, 1 1/2 tsp dill, rice, and turkey..
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add in remaining onion and cook for 3 minutes or until translucent. Add remaining garlic. Cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients, tomatoes, salt, pepper. Bring to boil. reduce heat low for 5 minutes at medium-low..
- Place 1/2 cup of cooked tomato sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Loosely stuff peppers. Add tops back on top of the peppers, Add remaining tomato sauce over peppers in baking dish..
- Cover dish tightly with foil, bake until peppers are tender and rice is fully cooked. This should take about 90 minutes..
- Add parmesan cheese and or hot pepper flakes for more flavor..