Warm Curried Turkey Salad. Curried turkey salad with apple, raisins or dried cranberries, green onions, celery, cilantro, honey, ground ginger, curry, mayo and yogurt. We had the curry turkey salad over mixed greens, though you could easily put between two layers of bread for a sandwich. Spice up those cold nights with this twist on a traditional Coronation Salad.
Arrange on salad plates with pineapple and vegetables. This curried turkey salad recipe makes for a delicious meal. It's easy to make and very versatile. You can have Warm Curried Turkey Salad using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Warm Curried Turkey Salad
- You need 260 g of lean turkey thigh mince,.
- You need 1 of large organic beetroot, skin removed, chopped,.
- You need 1 of red onion, chopped,.
- It’s 2 handfuls of corriander leaves, chopped,.
- Prepare 10 of baby plum tomatoes, sliced into halves,.
- It’s 2 tsp of curry powder of your choice,.
- Prepare 2 of fresh chillies, chopped finely,.
- You need 4 handfuls of rocket leaves,.
- Prepare of Spray cooking oil such as Frylight,.
- Prepare of Salt to season.
- It’s of For the riata:.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tbsp quark,.
- It’s 2 tsp of mint sauce.
- It’s of To finish:.
- It’s of Mango chutney,.
- You need of Lime & chilli pickle (optional),.
- It’s of Chopped corriander.
Eat plain, on a sandwich or even on a salad! A turkey salad recipe with toasty coconut bits, sweet raisins, and curried yogurt to dress up leftover Thanksgiving turkey. Salad Turkey Leftovers Curry Christmas Thanksgiving Indian Picnic Gluten Free Healthy Low Carb Apples Fruit Herbs Lunch Appetizer Snack Make Ahead Holidays Comfort. This curried turkey salad with its crisp fresh flavor is a great way to use leftover holiday turkey.
Warm Curried Turkey Salad instructions
- Mix up the quark and mint sauce in a bowl and set aside for later. Heat up a large saucepan over a medium high heat. Add enough spray oil to cover the base then add in the turkey mince and onions. Fry until the mince is almost cooked then season with salt and add the curry powder. Stir through and continue to fry..
- Add in the chopped beetroot and the sliced chillies and fry for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 2/3rds of the corriander and incorporate..
- Place the rocket leaves into two bowls then spoon over the turkey mince mixture. Add the tomatoes then dress with the remaining corriander, the riata, and chutneys by dolloping little bits across the bowl. Serve whilst still nice and warm. Enjoy! :).
Variation: Dress the salad with coleslaw instead of miracle whip and yogurt. NOTES : The recipe is merely a guide to a curried salad of chicken or possibly turkey. It's fun to vary the seasonings and fruits. Try grapes instead of raisins; pears and nectarines are good, too. Learn how to make Chutney Curried Turkey Salad.