You can cook Eggplant Parmigiana using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Parmigiana
- It’s 2 of Aubergine Eggplants.
- It’s of italian tomato sauce.
- Prepare of cheddar cheese.
- It’s 3 of whole eggs.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 cups of bread crumbs.
- It’s of sliced button mushrooms.
- You need of oregano.
- It’s of basil.
- Prepare to taste of salt andd pepper.
- Prepare of vegetable oil for frying.
Eggplant Parmigiana instructions
- Slice longtitudinally 1/4 to 1/3 thick inch aubergine eggplant. Pat dry witb kitchen towel.
- Dust each slice with flour…then egg mixture (egg with salt and pepper, dried oregano and dried basil)..last with bread crumbs.
- Fry 1 minute both side.
- In a glass casserole dish of about 9 x 6 in, line with italian marinara sauce..spread with a spoon. Start layering with your eggplant, then parmesan cheese, mushrooms, chedder (note: ideally use mozzarella, pecorino,romano cheese).
- You can add additional dried oregano or randomly intersperse fresh basil leaves on each layer..
- Note: if you want to add meat, layer with a pre-cooked ground beef.
- Layer until all the eggplants are placed. Top with a generous layer of cheese.
- Pre heat your oven for 5 mins. Put in your oven. To cook for 20 to 30mins at 180F.
- View on top when cooked.
- Side view.