Baked Romy Eggplant Casserole.
You can have Baked Romy Eggplant Casserole using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Romy Eggplant Casserole
- It’s 1 medium of Onion diced.
- It’s 90 grams of Button mushrooms sliced.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried oregano.
- It’s 8 oz of Water.
- Prepare 150 grams of Romy cheese crumbled.
- You need 400 grams of Eggplant slices.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 3 each of Garlic cloves sliced or minced.
- It’s 25 grams of Bread crumbs.
Baked Romy Eggplant Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 200c degrees.
- In pan dry sauté onion, mushrooms, salt/pepper and garlic cloves until soft around 5 minutes..
- Add water, oregano, and tomato paste and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, adding bread crumbs at very end.
- Layer casserole dish with eggplant slices, half of the sautéed sauce, half of the romy cheese and repeat..
- Bake at 200c degrees for 20 minutes let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Romy cheese can be substituted with other hard cheeses such as romano, manchengo..