Eggplant parmesan. Eggplant slices are dipped in egg and bread crumbs and then baked, instead of fried. The slices are layered with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Classic for a reason, Italian baked Eggplant Parmesan is comfort food at its best.
There is something about the dish that feels like it's giving you a giant hug. Growing up, I was not a huge fan of eggplant. This baked eggplant parmesan recipe will become one of your family favorites! You can have Eggplant parmesan using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant parmesan
- You need of eggplant and breading.
- Prepare 2 large of aubergine.
- You need 3 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of finely grated Italian breadcrumbs.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of cheeses.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of Parmigano-Reggiano cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of sauce.
- You need 29 oz of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of basil.
- You need 1 tsp of whole leaf oregano.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s of oil to fry.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of olive oil, extra virgin.
Growing up, my mom's eggplant Parmesan recipe was one of my favorite things to eat. This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up a bit with baked (instead of fried) panko-crusted roasted eggplant, and layered up with a zesty combination of marinara, cheeses and fresh herbs. Their eggplant Parmesan inspired the eggplant lasagna in my cookbook, which includes long strips of roasted eggplant layered between the noodles and marinara. Have you had the chance to try that one?
Eggplant parmesan instructions
- Preheat oven 375° Fahrenheit.
- Mix your ingredients to sauce heat let simmer covered 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Peel and slice the eggplant about half an inch or 13 mm thick salt put into a zip lock bag add flour and shake till completely coated.
- Beat the eggs add quarter cup water mix well put into a large bowl dip the aburgine coated with flour into eggwash then have breadcrumbs in a plate and shake excess eggwash off coat with bread crumbs.
- Mix the oils together heat to fry when hot add the breadcrumb coated aubergine and fry till golden brown.
- When done about 3 minutes per side add to a pan add sauce the parmesan cheese add slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each pice of aubergine.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes when its done sprinkle with Parmigano-Reggiano cheese.
- Serve hope you enjoy.
FULL RECIPE BELOW Great for a vegetarian option for a dinner party, family gathering or weeknight dinner, Eggplant Parmesan has all the right ingredients to. This easy eggplant parmesan recipe is not only delicious, but also healthy. Make baked eggplant parmesan instead of lasagna to skip the unnecessary carbs and still enjoy all the cheesy goodness. One bite of Eggplant Parmesan and you'll be sold. To make legit eggplant parm, you'll need to fry eggplant.