Ponzu & Ume Sauce with Eggplants. A classic Japanese condiment, Ponzu Sauce is a citrus-based sauce with a tart-tangy flavor similar to a vinaigrette. Ponzu (ポン酢) is a citrus-based sauce commonly used in Japanese cuisine. It is tart, with a thin, watery consistency and a dark brown color.
Fresh lemon juice and orange juice give this. Ponzu is a savory sauce made for foods that are umami, which is Japanese for Ponzu sauce is often used in umami dishes such as sashimi and shabu shabu. I've been using it for chicken marinade and. You can cook Ponzu & Ume Sauce with Eggplants using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ponzu & Ume Sauce with Eggplants
- It’s 3-4 of eggplants (remove the stem, cut into 4~6 equal parts lengthwise).
- It’s 2 of myoga (japanese ginger) (shredded).
- Prepare 2 of shiso leaves (shredded) for topping.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare of Sauce: (*mix in advance).
- You need 2-3 Tbsp of * ponzu (juice pressed from a bitter orange).
- It’s 1 of * pickled ume (remove the seed, chop finely).
- Prepare 1 of ~2 Tbsp * white ground sesame.
- It’s 1 of ~2 tsp * sugar.
Japanese Ponzu Sauce – Vegetarian Variation. by Rinshinomori. Ponzu sauce is actually a little more complicated than that. The origin of ponzu is a mystery, but the name has a little Dutch in it. "Pon" comes from the Dutch for "punch," one of a number of surviving. Ponzu is a citrus-based sauce used in Japanese cuisine as a marinade or an addition to soy sauce.
Ponzu & Ume Sauce with Eggplants step by step
- Put eggplants and sesame oil into a bowl, stir lightly, heat in a microwave with cling film for about 3~4 mins. Let it cool..
- Arrange the eggplants in a plate and place the myoga on it. Top with the shiso leaves, Pour the sauce over them..
It is made with rice wine, rice vinegar, bonito fish flakes, and seaweed. Ponzu shōyu or ponzu jōyu (ポン酢醤油) is ponzu sauce with soy sauce (shōyu) added, and the mixed product is widely referred to as simply ponzu. Ponzu Sauce is a classic Japanese condiment that is absolutely delicious! It's a tart and tangy sauce made from citrus, mirin and other seasonings – and it is most commonly served mixed with soy sauce. Ponzu is a powerful and efficient open-source HTTP server framework and CMS.