Eggplant Gratin. Serve hot and directly out of the. A delicious eggplant gratin where eggplant is stuffed with tomatoes and bell peppers and baked in a creamy cheese Nutritional Information. This EGGPLANT GRATIN or Aubergine Gratin makes a crowd-pleasing side dish!
Oh, low-carb gratin, we love you. This gratin is loaded with vegetables and relatively low in fat. Also, the taste of the the browned eggplant with the caramelized onions and potatoes goes amazingly good together. You can have Eggplant Gratin using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Gratin
- Prepare 1 of big eggplant.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- It’s 100 g of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 of basil branch.
- It’s of salt and black pepper.
Rinse eggplant slices and pat dry. Recipe for Eggplant-Tomato Gratin from Heart & Soul in the Kitchen by Jacques Pépin. Eggplant-Tomato Gratin (Wendy Goodfriend). "When my garden is producing in full summer, I love. Summer zucchini, eggplant, and tomatoes, beautifully presented in a baked casserole gratin. › Zucchini, Eggplant, Tomato Gratin.
Eggplant Gratin instructions
- Put salt on the eggplant and let drain for 10 minutes to lose the bitterness.
- Cut and separate the other ingredients.
- Spread some tomato, eggplant and basil in a tart pan.
- Add some of the cheese.
- Put more tomatoes, eggplant, cheese and basil until the ingredients finish.
- Add at the end more cheese, salt and ground pepper.
- Bake in oven until the surface is golden.
- Serve immediately.
The Eggplant Gratin recipe out of our category fruit-vegetable! Japanese eggplants are longer and more narrow than the globe eggplants most of us are familiar with, so the slices are more manageable in the gratin. But in a pinch, you can use globe eggplants. Eggplant Gratin recipe: The skin of eggplant contains an Coat eggplant with shallots with lard and season with S&P. Eggplant dishes are usually heartier than other vegetable based recipes.