Roasted Eggplant Ham/Cheese Involtini (Rolls ).
You can cook Roasted Eggplant Ham/Cheese Involtini (Rolls ) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Eggplant Ham/Cheese Involtini (Rolls )
- It’s 1 large of eggplant, peeled and sliced the longway into 1/4 inch slices.
- It’s 1/4 lb of sliced italian four cheese blend.
- It’s 1/4 lb of spicy sliced ham, you may not use all of it..
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salted or unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic or garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of italian seasoning spice blend.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of hot sauce, such as Franks brand.
- Prepare 2 cup of marinara sauce, my recipe listed below or your favorite.
- You need 1 of FOR GARNISH.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped fresh herbs, I used basil, parsley and chives.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes, or to taste.
Roasted Eggplant Ham/Cheese Involtini (Rolls ) step by step
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet wth foil, spray foil with non stick spray..
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, olive oil, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese,granulated garlic, pepper, italian seasoning and hot sauce..
- Brush eggplant with seasoned butter/olive oil mixture. Place on prepared pan and roast until tender, about 20 minutes. Cool until cool enough to handle..
- Meanwhile prepare baking pan. Spray a shallow rimmed baking platter or dish with non stick spray. Keep oven at 425. Put a thin layer of marinara sauce on prepared pan. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/366612-simple-basic-marinara-sauce.
- Lay eggplant flat, add a slice of cheese to cover eggplant, then top with ham..
- Roll up eggplant, enclosing ham and cheese inside..
- Place eggplant rolls, seam side down on sauce in prepared pan, Top with remainig italian cheese and top evenly with the 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, herbs and red pepper flakes..
- Bake just until cheese is melted and heated through, about 7 to 10 minutes.Serve with extra sauce if desired..