Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan. Remove lid from pot, and fluff rice with a fork. Remove the marjoram sprigs, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve and top with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
I think the reason I'm not giving this a higher rating is because the eggplant. Especially when the eggplant and zucchini is home grown! Eggplant slices are dipped in egg and bread crumbs and then baked, instead of fried. You can have Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan
- It’s 1 each of vegetable bouillon cube.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- You need 2 of sprigs fresh marjoram, divided.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, halved and thinly sliced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 small of zucchini squash, cut in half and sliced.
- You need 1 small of Japanese eggplant, cut in half and sliced.
- You need 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- It’s 1 oz of olives, pits removed and roughly chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 2 of sprigs fresh Italian parsley, leaves removed, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 oz of Parmesan, shaved.
Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. This easy Eggplant Parmesan Zucchini Casserole is full of fresh vegetables, vegan, gluten free and the perfect comfort food. When Eggplant Parmesan comes to your mind I know you probably expect this isn't dairy free. Traditionally it will be served with a creamy sauce made. italian dinners,stuffed shells olive garden Classic Eggplant Parmigiana,how to make,recipes,cooking,how to cook,olive garden,eggplant,chedder,food network,holiday,thanks giving,dinner,tasty,f factor eggplant easy eggplant parmesan,eggplant parmigiana olive garden.
Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan instructions
- In a medium bowl, dissolve bouillon cube in 2 cups hot water with one sprig of marjoram, and set aside..
- Place a medium-large saucepot with a lid over medium heat. Add olive oil, and heat until oil lightly smokes. Add onion and garlic, and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add zucchini, eggplant, pinch of salt and pepper, and cook while stirring for 3-4 more minutes..
- Add olives, second sprig of marjoram, rice and vegetable stock to the saucepot. Heat on high until mixture comes to a boil. Cover with lid, lower heat to medium-low and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes, or until rice is fully cooked and tender. Remove from heat. Leave pot covered, and allow the rice to sit and steam for 5-10 minutes..
- Remove lid from pot, and fluff rice with a fork. Remove the marjoram sprigs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide onto two plates. Top with parsley and cheese. Enjoy!.
This take on eggplant Parmesan uses zucchini in place of the eggplant. Rather than bake the breaded, pan-fried disks as one big layered mass in a baking dish, this version features little individual stacks of alternating layers of pepperoni, a tomato sauce, fresh basil, and a combination of mozzarella. This healthier and simplified version of eggplant parmesan is a perfect fit for an easy weeknight meal. Spoon a bit of tomato sauce on each eggplant covering each with a piece of mozzarella, generously sprinkle with Parmesan. Eggplant Stir Fry Spicy Eggplant Eggplant Parmesan Eggplant Dishes Szechuan Eggplant Recipe Onion Recipes Pork Recipes Real Food Recipes Beef.