Turkey leftovers/ spaghetti turkey florentine. We always make too much turkey on Thanksgiving. Here are a few creative ways to use up those leftovers! For this recipe and many others, go to America's.
You spent days preparing the ultimate Thanksgiving dinner and, as usual, you're left with pounds of turkey after the feast. Leftover turkey is so useful that it might actually be a good thing to make more turkey than you need so you can explore your turkey leftover recipes. Once Thanksgiving is over, the fun begins. You can cook Turkey leftovers/ spaghetti turkey florentine using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey leftovers/ spaghetti turkey florentine
- Prepare of left over turkey.
- You need 3 clove of crushed garlic.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1 of left over turkey (as desired).
- It’s 1 packages of of fresh spinach ( or frozen, well drained).
- It’s 1 of cooked pasta ( spaghetti, penne, macaroni, linguini, whatever).
- You need 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 of handful of your favorite cheese( mozzarella).
- Prepare 1 of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
If you have planned correctly, you will have plenty of leftover turkey to play with. These Thanksgiving turkey leftover recipe ideas are not dry, flavorless sandwiches. Thanksgiving may be the only holiday where the afterparty's more fun than the main event. But somehow, dry turkey sandwiches are the standby for most leftovers.
Turkey leftovers/ spaghetti turkey florentine step by step
- Melt butter in a saucepan on low heat.
- Just before butter completely melts, add crushed garlic..
- Stir. Keep stirring while you add flour a little at a time(with a whisk) until it becomes a paste..
- As soon as it forms a paste add a little stock while stirring, add a little milk while stirring constantly. Keep alternating stock and milk. The sauce will thicken, you want to keep adding liquid. Stirring constantly..
- Add broth, add milk stirring continously untilmyou have a consistancy of a loose sauce. Add parmesan cheese and your favorite handful of cheese. My favorite is mozarella. Stir until cheese is melted. Add your Turkey and remove from heat..
- In deep enough skillet, sautee your fresh spinach. Use a touch of water, ( or I Use a touch of white wine) just to render the spinach. Add cooked pasta to heat through. Slowly add your prepared white sauce to the skillet. Serve hot.Melt.
- Top with parmesan if desired and fresh ground pepper. Enjoy your leftovers!.
This is the best leftover turkey recipe you will ever make! Super easy and everyone will love these turkey dumplings, even your kids! I fiddled around with different family friendly recipes over the years and finally came up with an easy cooked turkey recipe. Apart from turkey sandwiches, we have ideas for turkey pies, turkey curries and turkey salads that will add freshness and flavour to your Christmas leftovers. You'll be glad of all that leftover turkey when you taste this delicious pie!